Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Can't seem to figure out tomato leaf spots

Posted by tvalenti 7a (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 31, 07 at 21:38

Does anyone know what these leaf spots are?

They are clear white that don't seem to be getting black with most leaf spots. Shown are a mature leaf and a seedling.

The marks are just clear and for the most part circular. They are raised on the underside of the leaf on some of the leafs. The lower leafs are more likly to have the spots.

I took some of the leafs off some of the plants and put them in a location about 5 weeks away from the rest of the plants and weeks later they seem to be doing fine. I also started new seedlings at the time I moved the first group of tomatoes with spots away. I used new cell packs, new seed mix, washed (with bleach) all tools etc and replanted new seedlings - now they have the spots (and maybe even worse then the first group).

Any insite would be great!

Thanks,
Terri

Image link: Help! Can't seem to figure out tomato leaf spots (49 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Can't seem to figure out tomato leaf spots

• Posted by suze9 z8b Bastrop Co., Tx (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 3, 07 at 5:48

Hard to tell from either pic as they aren't very clear. But since the spots are 'raised' underneath, that suggests to me that you might be dealing with leaf mold.

Here is a link that might be useful: Leaf mold??

o
RE: Help! Can't seem to figure out tomato leaf spots

Leaf mold? Really? Why?

Rather, I suspect edema, sometimes spelled oedema. If so, due to environmental conditions which combine appropriate temperatures and high humidity.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here