Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardeningrook13

Seedlings are putting their "hands" on their hips.

GardeningRook13
11 years ago

Tomato seedlings are just over two weeks along, and have the first TRUE leaves. I have them under average flourescent lights. Temp is kept between 70-77 degrees, have had trouble keeping it consistant. But the first "non" true leaves are curling under. They look like someone who has their hands on their hips. Sorry don't have a pic. The plants are about 2-3 inches tall. Is this average height, for them at this "age"? Not all are doing this but most of them are. I thought maybe they were to dry because the day I first noticed this the soil was dry so I watered them and they still haven't improved. Its been two days. Is this normal? Do they "die" off once the true leaves develope? This is my second year growing my own, but its the first year I've bothered with the lights. Last year I just sat them in the window, west because I had none to the south. I don't recall them putting their hands on their hips. Could use some help... Also the plants are standing straight, its not like the pictures I've seen of damping off.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations