Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
candylei05

Is this curly top? or aphid damage?

candylei05
12 years ago

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a brandywine tomato transplant maybe 2 1/2 months ago and planted in a clay pot that I regrettably did not sterilize. The plant did really well and was growing fine till a couple weeks ago. Now, it appears stunted, the leaves are curled up and in, and the bottom of the leaves have purple veins. The leaves are very stiff and crispy, with the lower set of leaves yellowing with black spots. The flowers are also stiff they've been there since I got them and no signs of fruit and I know i saw bees going in and out. I saw a few aphids on the plant and the "honeydew" and when i touched somewhere on the plant (couldn't figure out where) there was the "honeydew" substance on my fingers. BUT, there wasnt really a large infestation that I could see. Ive been fertilizing once every other week with foxfarm's tigerbloom and Grow Big. I water every few days as the top inch gets dried out.

Having said all this what is going on with this tomato plant?? Should I destroy it and start new or transplant into another pot and fertilize?

Comments (4)