Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
martin5577

Please help first time planter

martin5577
10 years ago

I am trying to grow tomatoes for the first time. I can only grow in pots as I only have a balcony . I am in Baton Rouge and it is hot sunny and humid
My main problem is my work schedule 2 weeks offshore 2 weeks home. So the only way I can water while I am away is by putting the plant bowls inside bigger bowls that I fill with water . So I realise the roots are getting water logged but its the only way I can keep my plants watered. I do not know What the varieties I am growing are. As some seeds failed to germinate and some plants died (late frost) and were replaced and I bought so my varieties of seeds planted a load and thinned out . So I have no idea which varieties are in which pot. A terrible error that Wont happen next year.

I returned home yesterday to find some really bad leaf curling on some of the plants and a yellowish groth on most of the plant leaves. Every pot has different mix of potting soils or potting mix I have a box of miracle grow but am waiting for the soil to dry a little before adding. This will be the first thing added to the plants apart from water and threats .

Also Is there anyway I can add more than one picture to a post as I wanted to add a pic of the leaf curling plants as well ? thanks in advance for any help

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!