Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellowish spots on tomato leaf

Posted by EljayDea 10 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 13, 14 at 13:35

My husband came home with a six pack of small Early Girl seedlings. They all have yellowish spots on the tomato leaves.
My research hasn't given a clear diagnosis. The closest match I've found is damage from overdose of Malathion. If it's that I'm thinking of tossing them all.
Any ideas, help would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellowish spots on tomato leaf

Where did he get the plants ? Why would they have been sprayed with a pesticide ? Or possibly a herbicide drift. Anyone spraying their lawns or fields in the area ? Are there new leaves growing out that are unaffected ?

This post was edited by geosankie on Tue, Apr 15, 14 at 22:28

o

Update: Plants are doing well but spots are spreading and I'm getting nervous. There are some leaves (see pic) that have holes where spots are. Some of the new leaves are fine but it has even spread to other plants (started on Early Girl has moved to Grape tomato next to it). My husband can't remember what store he got them at but the spots were there when he bought them (that was all that was available). We live north of Sacramento CA and for some reason tomato seedlings have been difficult if not impossible to come by this year
Anyone please advise!.

o

Flea beetles?

o

I couldn't find any flea beetles. I did find some very small, black bugs with clear wings.
Also see other post 'fuzzy looking spots on leaf'
I'm thinking this is all the same thing maybe?
???

This post was edited by EljayDea on Fri, May 23, 14 at 17:50

o

I couldn't find any flea beetles. I did find some very small, black bugs with clear wings.
????

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here