Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ashley9597

grey leaf spot

ashley9597
13 years ago

I believe my tomato plants have grey leaf spot and I am not sure what to do. I am in Southern CA and I planted my tomato plants in the middle of March. About 10 days later we had rain for an extended period of time and shortly after the rain stopped I noticed the spots on the underside of my leaves. I thought it was due to the rain so I waited patiently to see if it would go away once things dried out. Well they haven't and it is spreading up the plants. From my research, it looks like grey leaf spot to me. My questions that I desperately need help with are:

1. Should I even bother with a fungicide that covers leaf spot or should I pull out my plants and start over?

2. If I should spray, what fungicide do you recommend?

3. If I spray with a fungicide now that the plants are infected, will it stop the spread? (some sites I read say no)

4. If I don't pull out the plants, will I have a good harvest still? (again, some sites say no)

This is only my second year growing tomatoes. I know some diseases you can live with and it won't affect the plants too much to interfere with fruit production. I am hoping someone has had first hand experience with this disease so you can give me your opinion on what you would do. Thanks so much.

Comments (7)