Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jds82

bacterial spot or speck?what to do

jds82
17 years ago

I started plants from seed about 2 months ago, and they now have about 5 leaves on them and have been outside in little pots for 3 weeks. About 2 weeks ago I noticed some discoloration on some of the plants leaves.I thought it might have just been the cold (38 degrees), but all the new leaves have the same thing,(little dark spots on different places on the leaves,some have what to appers to be halos,you can see dark spots on the under side of the leaves also, it almost looks like pollen on the surfaces,but will not wash off). I looked at the tomato problem solver and I beleive that I have contracted bacterial spot or speck. I have about 50 plant in a 5x5 area and only 2 of the cherry tom plants have it,which i have moved far away. I am careful when watering, but i have definently gotten some of the leaves wet,and it has been a little on the cool side at night, maybe this was the cause. Should i trash the plants showing sign of infection or all of them, or is there something you can spray to cure this problem. How will i know that the rest of the plants dont have it or end up with it down the line.I would hate to loose my plants, but even worse, i've promised friends and family I wuold have them covered on tomato plants this year, dont bother with buying any. I would greatly appreciate any input on this problem I have.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner