Help me ?

fiti
17 years ago

What is that on my tomatoes. TMV?

Here is a link that might be useful: pic of my tomato

Comments (5)

• cbars
    17 years ago

I think we need more info and maybe some better pics.

What part of world is your garden in? Where are your plants - ground or pots? What type of weather are you having now? A complete description of your plants - leaves changing colors, holes or lesions on leaves, plants dieing, odd growth habits, etc.

More details would give a better understanding about what is happening in your garden.

Gary

• feldon30
    17 years ago

I'm guessing Russia is the answer to "where?".

• carolyn137
    17 years ago

OK, your page says you're in Bulgaria.

What I see are many areas of yellow with no dark central spots, which initially suggests to me Powdery Mildew.

Knowing if these are inground outside or in a greenhouse and whether conditions have been somewhat cool and overcast might help to decide if Powdery Mildew is a possibility.

You can also go to the thread here on this first page titled Problem Solver #2 and look for the link to TAMU and look at some pictures to see if what's shown as Powdery Mildew ( Leveillula type, NOT the Oidium type) matches up.

Carolyn

• fiti
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I have greenhouse with tomatoes ( variety "Rally"- Holland) in Bulgaria (south europe). Before few days i sprayed area around greenhouse with herbicide. After that i wash up sprayer very well but maybe somthig from herbicide remaining in sprayer. Im sorry but i havent better pics. The yellow areas only over on young leafs. But the next young leafs are clean they are looking normally. I thing that this is herbicide injury or Tobaco mosaic virus or Cucumber mosaic. I sprayed whit some fungicide (cineb and metiltopsin )1 week ago. Now in Bulgaria the temper. are 25-30 C and we have shiny and dry wheather conditions.
    (Sorry for bad english)

• cbars
    17 years ago

Fiti,

No matter how many times you rinse out a sprayer, you will always run the risk of damaging your plants with a residual of herbicide especially with tomatoes. You need to dedicate that sprayer to herbicides and herbicides only. I paint a big red X on mine so there is no confusion.

Good luck with the recovery of your tomatoes.

Gary

No need to apologize for bad English. I can't speak Bulgarian. LOL