Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is wrong??

Posted by seymourgolf Indiana (My Page) on
Tue, May 29, 07 at 11:24

I have 12 containers with 2 plants in each container. I am using Al's Mix with lime, fertilizer and epsom salts added

Transplanted 2 weeks ago. Used Daconil 1st week.

11 of the containers are doing fine.

One container containing an Earl of Edgecombe and Stump of the World dont look so good. The leaves are a pale green and dont show much/any new growth compared to the other plants.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong and what the fix is? I dont know if it is a disease, transplant shock, ingredients didnt get mixed well in this container, etc.

Would hitting them with Neptune's Harvest Fish and Seaweed help?

Image link: What is wrong?? (57 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is wrong??

Looks like either overwatering or salt poisoning. What was the reason for adding so many supplements? People do too much to there plants. The mix would have been enough. Only add additives when the plants needs it. Also, what size are the containers? Unless they are large over 12 gallons, one plant per container is usually recommended. with lime, fertilzer, epsom salts, you may get large plants with no fruit but this will be counteracted by the 2 plants edging each out for room.

o
RE: What is wrong??

My potting mix is pine bark fines, spaghnum peat and perlite.
The added ingredients are part of the mix recipe not extra additions, sorry for the misunderstanding.

My containers are 18 gal totes.

I think they look overwtered too. But, I think all the containers receive about the same amount. It has me puzzled.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here