Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
captandy_gw

Help - Tomato Seedlings Sick!

CaptAndy
12 years ago

I have started my seedlings from a Gurney's seed starter kit. This consists of deep peat pots seated in a styrofoam tray which floats on water, hence wicking the water from below and the roots come through the bottom and bathe in the water tray.

It was recommended that i begin a feeding solution after the true leaves appear. I put a solution as suggested on the miracle gro plant food label for inside plants. I am now beginning to realize this solution might be over doing it and could be the cause of my plants demise. The leaves began turning yellow and their growth came to a stop. Now a lot of leaves are curling up and have begun shriveling and dying,while the entire plants are flopping over. They also have not received a lot of sun over the past week as its been cloudy.

My solution so far is to back off the water dump the solution and let the very wet peat pots breathe. I have moved them down to the basement and placed them under growlights as well in order to hopefully save them. Please offer any other comments suggestions in order to get some life back in these babies.

Image link:

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting