Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kelthane

Posted by braymond z 8b LA (My Page) on
Tue, May 31, 05 at 12:34

A search on this forum resulted in a recommendation of KELTHANE for spider mites. My garden center says its no longer allowed to be sold. I found it for sale on ebay. It it safe to use on tomatoes -- ?
bob

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kelthane

A search on this forum resulted in a recommendation of KELTHANE for spider mites. My garden center says its no longer allowed to be sold. I found it for sale on ebay. It it safe to use on tomatoes -- ?

I don't have a spider mite problem so know nada about getting rid of them.

But different chemicals are now banned in this or that state and I just got thru discussing that re Malathion re NYS.

Below I've linked to a Google search on use of Kelthane for spider mites on tomatoes.

When you read thru you'll see many of the links are from respected University sources.

You may even find a link to info about banned sale in certain states, I don't know since I didn't take the time to look.

But I did see many other products being recommended for spider mites as I quickly glanced around, so you might consider doing a Google search just entering something like.....spider mites tomatoes...

Carolyn

Here is a link that might be useful: Kelthane for Spider Mites on Tomatoes

o
RE: kelthane alternatives

What's a good alternative for mites if I am not able to find Kelthane on Ebay or any place else? There's got to be something else to kill these things!

o

Good news! Kelthane is again on the market. I bought some at our local Feed and Seed store yesterday.
Stan41

o

Kelthane works great! For a couple weeks anyway. The mites always return.

Want to kill them off permanently? Green lacewing larva. Give these mite predators a season and they'll reward you with a mite free garden for years to come.

o

stan41 where did you purchase your Kelthane?.......I am in Hutto, Texas, and I have a serious spider mite problem in my greenhouse, and garden area behind the greenhouse...I can't find it anywhere in the Austin area.......Thanks in advance...

o

• Posted by jean001 z8aPortland, OR (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 5, 08 at 20:58

Not legal for home use. Only for professional use.

o

SaferGro Pest Out Miticide is an organic option - see comments
Formerly known as GC Mite. 100% certified organic. The best organic spider mite killer weve seen in quite a while. Pest Out is a natural miticide and insecticide that erradicates spider mites, thrips and aphids. Since Pest Out is natural, pests are less likely to build up resistance to its chemistry. Spray right up to the day of harvest. Made from clove oil, garlic extract and cottonseed oil. Use at a rate of 1-3 ounces per gallon test with 1 ounce first.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here