Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First tomato plants ever - Blight or Over Watering?

Posted by littlegiles1 7b SC (My Page) on
Fri, May 28, 10 at 13:00

Hello everyone.
I know the topic of blight has been discussed thoughly on the boards and I have been reading threads for hours this morning. My problem is I can't tell if I have early blight or if I'm overwatering.

My Brandywine Pink is planted in a 20gal container with a Yellow Pear. The yellow pear is doing great and has numerous clusters of fruit growing. The BWPink seems to be having a much harder time of things. Many blooms have appeared but nothing comes of them. I have also noticed that the lower leaves of the plant are yellowing and wilting. The upper half of the plant looks good to me.

I have added some pics to hopefully help me get an answer on what to do. These are my first ever tomato plants. There is also a Better Boy tomato right next to the two planted together and it seems to be doing fine as well and I'm having a blast watching my first tomato grow. I'm such a proud papa. LOL

Image link: First tomato plants ever - Blight or Over Watering? (61 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First tomato plants ever - Blight or Over Watering?

• Posted by jean001 z8aPortland, OR (My Page) on
    Fri, May 28, 10 at 21:01

Any chance of a closer view?

o
RE: First tomato plants ever - Blight or Over Watering?

Well, I was going to but I guess I'll have to spend more time searching on how to add photos or post photos in a follow-up message.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here