Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
khabibul35

Wilting/Browning (pictures)

khabibul35
17 years ago

I recently transplanted 40 tomato plants about 1 week ago, the soild has been wet and rainy. Anticipating fungus problems I sprayed fungucide on the plants and it appears that there's no fungus on the plants. However, some plants have started wilting and their edges are browning. It's about 10 of the 40 plants that are having these problems. I suspect it's because of the extremely wet soil and hope that they'll bounce back. But my neighbor insists it's because the soil is too acidic. She keeps saying I need to add lime. I did a PH test and it came out at 6.0... but I'm worried that this may have been just from the small sample that I ran it on about a teaspoon and not the the true PH. Can anybody help with suggestions based on how the plants look?

These 2 plants are the ones that I think will probably wind up dying. They have severly browning leaves and wilting.

This last one is an otherwise beautiful plant with tomatoes but the leaves are sagging amd dropping. Doesn't seem like the same problem... any ideas?

What should I do? Add lime? Spray some liquid fertilizer? More fungucide? I just dont know? ANy help would be apprecieated.

Comments (3)