Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meezike

Help! Is this a disease or nutrient deficiency?

meezike
9 years ago

Hi! I've been researching online trying to figure out what's wrong with my tomato plants but I can't figure it out. I was thinking septoria but I don't know for sure. Hopefully someone can help. The picture is just one of three of my plants, but all three are exhibiting the same symptoms (i.e., brown spots, leaves curling up, yellowing, & stunted growth). I have also used different fertilizer for each one to see what works better (i.e., Neptune's fish and seaweed, Miracle Gro, and Jobes).
I also tried different ways of irrigating (i.e., drip irrigation and hand watering) to see if that helped but no change. I have tried adjusting my watering but that hasn't changed anything.

I have noticed little bugs; aphids I think but there actually aren't that may, but I did use a Safer Brand spray to get rid of them.

The other day I sprayed some Epsom salt on them, thinking that maybe it was a Magnesium deficiency but still no change. By the way they get plenty of sun also.
Also, I've been trying to grow peppers in the same area and the same thing is happening to them.

I have been growing radishes, spinach, and carrots and they are fine.

Update: Yesterday when I got home there was a little black pinprick hole on the bottom of many of the newly emerging fruit.

This post was edited by meezike on Wed, May 14, 14 at 13:02

Comments (6)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio