Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spots on leaves after too much rain

Posted by carolsewzit Mo (My Page) on
Sat, May 7, 11 at 18:58

We had a very wet season this spring. I have my plants in a raised bed. It rained so much that water was standing in the bed like a lake. It drained but then more rain ,more standing water. The bed drains well under normal conditions. Anyway I am seeing brown and yellow spots on the leaves now. The plants are still small. My question is should I just replace the plants or treat the existing ones. If its a disease I don't want it to spread. Anyone have any recommendations.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spots on leaves after too much rain

Tomato plants hate soggy soil and that will cause the leaves to yellow and brown. It doesn't sound like disease.

Are the beds still soggy? If so, you may need move the plants (or get new ones). It would depend on the degree of damage to the plants, how quickly the soil dries out, what the chances are of this happening again, etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here