Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help diagnose Momotaro Tomato issue

Posted by iacono 10 (My Page) on
Sat, May 30, 09 at 19:01

Hello,

This is my first year growing tomatoes and I was excited to find Momotaro tomatoes at my local nursey cause I here they are great tomatoes.

About 1 week after transplant, I noticed the leaves started to curl inward and the veins were purple. Now 3 weeks after transplant, the plant has not grown much and looks dwarfed and the leaves are very small. Also, new growth is purple and one of the flowers fell off this morning.

I used a 50/50 mix of compost and soil plus osmocote, perlite, and gypsum in the mix. I water the plants twice a week. The weather has been sunny and in the 70-80 degree range since they were planted.

I took several high resolution images so they are posted on my shutterfly page at the link below. Any help or suggestions from some of you more experienced gardners would be great. Thank You.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tomato pictures

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help diagnose Momotaro Tomato issue

I don't know what your problem is, but your new growth photo looks EXACTLY like the problem I'm having, with one of my plants (a grape tomato). If you find anything out, please let me know....I'm the post right before yours (check out my photo).

o

Will do buckscopa.

o

Anyone have any advice on this issue? Could really use some help figuring this out.

o

Hi

I have a momotaro and have the same problem. I found a condtion called curly top caused by a virus. My new leaves c curl upward. I am deciding whether to take it out and plant another. I understand that curly top is not contagious and can only be spread by a certain bug. All my other tomato plants which are not momotaro are doing fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here