Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help novice tomato grower

Posted by usmcdragonlover 8 (My Page) on
Sun, May 31, 09 at 19:09

I have several tomato plants that are exhibiting odd wilting behavior. I noticed someone else was experiencing the same problem but there was no follow up. And I thought I'd ask the experts :D

I have two romas in containers (5-10 gallon buckets). The plants themselves are only about three ft tall so they should have enough root room (right??). I noticed maybe about two days ago that they seemed wilted. So I watered thoroughly and moved them from direct sunlight. I thought that since it was rather sunny and humid the past few days, that might be the issue. However, now my cherry tomato (2 of 3 in ground) plants are doing the same. Again, lots of water and added some tomato plant food.

All the tomato plants affected do have young tomatoes (maybe about a week now) on them. I haven't noticed any bugs or slugs on them. They just seem...wilted. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. We planted 'maters last yr and yielded a lot of green leaves but no fruit. So this year, we're looking forward to getting something.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help novice tomato grower

I have read too much water can cause wilting too. Would put back out in sun. Tomatoes need about 6 hours of full sun per day. I am a beginner too, but have been reading alot about them. You may want to check out the website below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Texas A&M problem solver

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here