Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
soulreaver

Please Help (Possible Tomato Disease)

soulreaver
14 years ago

I have read about all the bacterial and viral infections and even looked at micronutrient deficencies and I cannot find anything that matches what I have seen on my plants. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me solve this problem as it has occured on about 50% of my total tomato crop.

The symptoms include the tomato leaf edges becoming brown and on some of them there are white cankers surrounded by brown leaf. The stems are unaffected and none of the leaves turn any shade of yellow or light green. Some of the tips have even turned black. It started at the lower leaves but spread to the top leaves too and it always starts with the tips of the leaves turning brown.

It eventually leads to all the leaves on a collector branch curling up and dying.

I grow organic and I feed my tomatoes blood meal, bone meal, kelp meal, corn meal, and organic lime. My soil ph is about 6.5.

I dont have a picture at the moment but could get one in a few days. Please someone help. Whatever this is it seems to be spreading.

Comments (4)