Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heirlooms with yellow leaves & Brown Spots

Posted by terrace_gardener 10 SoCal (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 14, 07 at 1:52

I'm posting for my frustrated husband. He is trying to grow heirlooms in containers on our terrace and has been having problems. Last year it was thrip and all the problems it brings.
The weather is finally turning warm this week in So. Calif. Temps have been in the 70s previous. No rain at all.
This is a sample of a Great White leaf. We also have a Aunt Ruby with the same problem. They're turning yellow with spots and then shrivels up and dries out (turns crispy). We cut off the shriveled ones but more pop up. The Aunt Ruby has had nothing but blossom drop. Great White is at least bearing a couple of fruits.
Could someone tell us what is the problem? We've sprayed with a fungicide(neem oil) since we thought it was spores. We've also read that spores can be in the soil--we got ours from Armstrong--and we might have to just get rid of the plants altogether. Please help!

Image link: Heirlooms with yellow leaves & Brown Spots (41 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heirlooms with yellow leaves & Brown Spots

Those photos are too small for me to tell if it's what my Aunt Ruby's had, but it was a virus and I killed the plants and burned them..

I gave away a few of these to friends and family and am monitoring their status closely.

Where did you get your seeds?

o
RE: Heirlooms with yellow leaves & Brown Spots

A specialty grower here in S. Cal. We got them as small plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here