Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unidentified tomato disease

Posted by amunk01 7a (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 12, 14 at 2:01

Ok, i pulled my Thessaloniki tomato the other day just in case whatever was wrong with it was contagious. Yes, it seems like a knee-jerk reaction, but i actually needed the space and have more than enough toms. Anyway, No one on the Oklahoma forum recognizes the symptoms so they recommended i ask the Pros on this one. Upon closer inspection i found small black spots/rings on some leaves, yellowing leaves of entire branches with completely dead dried parts. Some of it looked like fertilizer burn but i know that isn't it because i haven't fertilized that row in three weeks. Plus it was the top branches and i bottom water carefully. Ive read and read and i need the experts to just give me an idea of what this may be and how is it transferred. Blight? Leaf spot? There are so many different diseases, but i haven't found the same semi-circle spots. The symptoms seemed to have progressed from top downward about two weeks before i pulled it. Only my second year so i have zero experience with disease ID, but i sure appreciate the help.
 photo 20140607_141930_1.jpg
 photo 20140607_142022_2.jpg
 photo 20140607_141954.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unidentified tomato disease

Those are strange marks. Unlike any disease I'm aware of.

Have you received any answers? Suggestions?

o
need help identifying what is going on with my tomato plants

2 out of my 6 plants are not doing well..the leaves are dry and curling.(.the other 4 plants are growing well.)..should I pull these out in case they get other plants get sick? any help would be appreciated

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here