Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sungold Leaf Issue

Posted by lumierefrere z4NY (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 26, 05 at 7:43

Hi All

I'm seeing this "condition" on a number of plants, some not at all. Yes, I did go to that site recommended and looked at Bacterial Spot and Speck. I'm not experienced enough with these things to determine if one of those is this or if it's EB. I'm sure you'll know and can tell me if running out to get Daconil is the solution or if I need something else.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Barb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sungold Leaf Issue

Barb,

The spots are too big for Speck and no yellow halos and possibly Spot, but what about Septoria Leaf Spot and as you say EB?

Do you see any concentric rings inside those spots?

Any lesions on the stems?

Did you see all the other posts about Sungold here? I've never seen that before, with folks naming one variety in particular except you say it's on other of your plants as well.

Cutting to the chase, I don't see yellow halos and that kinda rules out Speck. Most likely would be EB if you see some internal rings in those spots. Next best would be Spot. The spots look too regular in shape to be Septoria.

At this point you['re in a better position than I am b'c you['re seeing leaves of varying sizes and can better judge spot size and distribution.

Carolyn

o
RE: Sungold Leaf Issue

Thanks for the help, Carolyn, and happy birthday!

Here's what I would call a lesion on the stem of my Alladin's Lamp. That's the plant I would say is most effected, though I've pretty much clipped off all the bad parts. I just happened to be next to the Sungold when it occurred to me to snip the branch and take a photo of it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

These are 2 plants who have never been in promixity to each other, the Sungold and the Alladin's Lamp. I'm sure things wafting on the breeze don't care.

Barb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here