Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
flowers falling off

Posted by hareth (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 22, 07 at 8:09

something is causing the tomato flowers to fall off at the "knuckle" as if they are being cut off. I cannot see any insects doing this. (I had a similar problem with my plum tree last year but not this year). The photo shows two flowers cut off. Similar fate will happen to the other flowers. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Image link: flowers falling off (10 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: flowers falling off

Hi Hareth - It's called blossom drop - a common problem. The link below is to the FAQ on it and discusses the causes and remedies. If you search using that term you will find many discussions about it to review for tips and info. ;)

Dave

o

check super good for Tomato Horn Worms. They are nearly invisible in the foliage.

I think they were eating off the leaves around my blossoms and killing them. Got'em though!

o

Thanks for the replies. Blossum drop seems the mostly likely cause but yet to find out the specific reason.

o

Heat is generally the #1.

o

Not only did I by tomato plants with blooms but I got 3 so far and now no more. There is also white flat worm like things on the leaveas. Between the blossom drop and white flat worms, I'm mad. I bought the soil at Lowes, and put the two plants in a big container. I'm going to go back to Lowes and see what they say but in the mean time, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here