Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zipsid

tomato leaf curl

zipsid
15 years ago

One of my tomato plants is experiencing an almost subtle leaf curl. The leaves seem a bit tougher than the leaves on my other plants. All of the leaves are curling like this, the old growth and new.

My tomatoes are in five-gallon buckets on my deck. They seem to be growing vigorously. I mixed up my seed a few months ago and originally thought this plant was going to be a pepper, so obviously I am not completely sure of the exact cultivar. I suspect it is either a determinate cherry or an early girl indeterminate. With the exception of some very minor rust-colored dots on one of the leaves, there don't seem to be any other symptoms. Nights are still dipping down to low forties, and we have been getting a decent amount of moisture at night. Up until recently, we were having daytime temps in the high eighties.

One of my other plants, which has similarly shaped leaves (yellow pear tomato plant), seems like it...might...be getting ready to start curling its leaves as well. The leaves' skin is toughening and the edges have a very subtle curl.

I have started pulling the tomatoes I care most about inside at night, the Brandy Boys and Better Boys, just in case it is a temperature issue, but they weren't having symptoms anyway.

I have seen some insects bouncing around in my yard in the evenings on the warmer days, and my houseplants seem to have some sort of small flies that I have to figure out how to deal with...the tomatoes were roommates with the houseplants when they were younger.

Any thoughts???

Comment (1)