Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
erica_jean_gw

PICS: Limp and yellow leaves and dried up flowers

erica_jean
15 years ago

Hello

This is my first experience gardening and I would truly appreciate any help I might receive. My tomatoes plants have been looking worse and worse each day. It has been raining around here an unseasonably large amount so it is possible that it is over wet? In that case how to I combat that, as another storm is predicted for this evening.

I normally water my plants every morning unless it has just raining or is about to rain. Is that to often?

I put down a cocoa bean mulch to keep moisture in, but maybe that was a mistake? I did hear that tomato plants need a lot of water.

Here is my first and most ill plant. The bottom leaves are yellow and there are bumps on the stem. The top leaves are limp and the little flowers there are seem to be drying out. I transplanted this plant about a month ago.

I have another tomato plant right next to the first one, but it seems to be doing a bit better, besides being bigger. Though there are still some yellow leaves but less and dried out flowers. Planted on the same day and the same conditions as the first one.

Thank you so much for looking. Any advice at all is very much needed.

Erica

Image link:

Comments (3)