Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
??Curling leaves, white bugs, green bugs, black bugs, tan bugs??

Posted by madhartigan 6b (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 24, 11 at 9:38

Not sure why my tomatoes are being attacked so viciously by what appears to be every 6 legged parasite I can imagine. Lol!

I'd like to prevent/eliminate whatever infestation I seem to have but I'm not sure how to proceed.

So far this whole growing season I've remained organic, so if there is an organic solution for these pests, I'd love to hear it.

(pics attached)

Image link: ??Curling leaves, white bugs, green bugs, black bugs, tan bugs?? (51 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ??Curling leaves, white bugs, green bugs, black bugs, tan bug

pic 2

Here is a link that might be useful: pic 2

o
RE: ?Curling leaves, white bugs, green bugs, black bugs, tan bugs

pic 3

Here is a link that might be useful: pic 3

o
RE: Curling leaves, white bugs, green bugs, black bugs, tan bugs

pic 4

Here is a link that might be useful: pic 4

o

2&3 = white = cast skin of aphid; green = live aphid (squish this one.
4 - environmental - too wet or too dry

o

Thank you very much for the reply. It's definitely appreciated.

Do you happen to know of any sort of organic sprays that I could put on the plants to prevent aphids from returning once I've pinched 'em all away? I think I might try spraying them off into a ditch or something because finding them all and pinching every one of them might be a bit too tedious for my likes.

Thank you again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here