Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leaf purple edges and veins?

Posted by beth11 z7 southern MD (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 25, 07 at 9:47

Hi all,

One of my tomato plants is showing some strange coloring on the leaves. The edges and veins on the top of the leaf are dark purple. The leaf surface has numerous small black spots. The bottom of the leaf looks fine - green veins, no spots. The leaf almost has a "sooty" apperance. But the "soot" doesn't rub off. The purple veins had me thinking a nutrient deficiency, but the black spots make me think fungus. I'll try and get a picture to post. It doesn't look at all like the "normal" tomato diseases I get.

Thanks,
Beth

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leaf purple edges and veins?

• Posted by suze9 z8/9 SE Texas (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 26, 07 at 2:30

Tomato Spotted Wilt Virus? Bacterial spot?

o

• Posted by beth11 z7 southern MD (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 26, 07 at 8:49

Hi all,

I've attached a link to a couple of pictures-

Beth

Here is a link that might be useful: Leaf pictures

o

That's a boron deficiency. Get some eyewash solution (contains boric acid and sodium borate) from the drugstore and water with 1 tsp of eyewash/gal of water and it will clear right up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here