Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When to water after spraying daconil? to use liquid fish fert?

Posted by karendee 5WestOFChicago (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 4, 11 at 10:25

Can I water/ fertlize plants after spraying with Daconil (Ortho brand)?

DO I need to re-spray them if the leaves get wet? I have a drip/mister irrigation set up. The mist is light and low to the ground but it does get the bottom leaves wet. I also want to pour some fish fertilizer on them in case they need a nutrient boost.

I see many posts that say to re-spray after heavy rain. But how about a light rain? Or a mist?

I am wondering if I water the plants with my fish fertilizer or use my drip/spray if I need to re-spray with the daconil?

I used the daconil for the first time yesterday. I have some yellowing leaves and possible fungus.

See photos.

Thanks!!!!

Karen

Yellow leaves bottom right
IMG_7937

Brown spot bottom right on lower leaf
IMG_7938

Leaf I removed
IMG_7933

Black spots and some areas with chewed spots (sprayed for bugs several days ago)
IMG_7932

Worst one..leaf now removed
IMG_7930

?
IMG_7929

White spots and a spider web. Treated for bugs already
IMG_7928

Some spots
IMG_7922

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When to water after spraying daconil? to use liquid fish fert

I have the same question. The directions on the container are not very clear. I've never used fungicide before and have lived with leaf spot and rot, but last year my tomatoes developed anthracnose, which causes spots on the fruit that eventually grow into large rotten circles. I've always avoided pesticides and been able to wait out the pest or the fungus, but this year I'm spraying! If you find out an answer, please post it.

o
RE: When to water after spraying daconil? to use liquid fish fert

We have some rain on the way...so it looks like my plants will get water anway.

I wonder if I reapply Daconil when the rain stops? I want to make sure there I treat them correctly.

I hope the fish fertlizer I watered in yesterday absorbed.

I also see some yellowing that looks like herbacide drift. I have been reading and think one plant has it at the top. (not pictured above though)

I keep reading other people's postings and learning more!

Thanks Tomato people!
Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here