Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bumtomatoes

chlorosis after first application of 10-10-10 (pics)

bumtomatoes
16 years ago

hi all, i'm steven, i'm 20, growing in florida, this is my first time trying to grow tomatoes and i have four plants-- all of them except my young mr. stripey have fruits so far. on to my problem:

i just fertilized two days ago with 10-10-10 granules that you sprinkle, rake in, and then water-- i may have added too much because today i found new growth on one plant has chlorosis (see pic below). i looked it up and i see it could be an iron or manganese deficiency but it seems obvious that the ferts caused it since this hasn't happened at all until two days after i fertilized. if it's over-fertilization, should i take out some of the fertilizer-laced soil and replace with fresh soil?

i also have two other Qs... what are these little red egg-looking things in this pic?:

last question: i had a leafminer infestation, so i ended up plucking a lot of leaves, and you'll see in the pic below that a few bottom stems have no leaves and are turning yellow... should i just snip them off or will that stress the plant more? (ps, that's not two plants within inches of eachother-- i buried part of the plant at a stem split)

thank you!!!

steven