Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lrk2000

can I eat tomatoes off a dying plant?

lrk2000
16 years ago

For some reason one of my 10 plants is dying. It is a Roma and looked like it got leaf curl with some yellowing on the bottom leaves. It quickly started dying within the past two weeks. We have gotten a lot of rain here in Texas over the past several weeks so it's not a lack of water and I wouldn't think inconsistent watering, as we had had pretty much constant rain for the week before it begaon curling up. My plants are quite close together (too much I know, but I have a small space) Anyway, all my other plants are doing fine and are loaded with fruit, some beginning to turn red. The plant that is dying is loaded down with romas. Mostly green and one starting to turn red. Are they safe to eat off a plant dying like this? I hate to waste them all even if I need to pick them green. Any advice also on what could be killing my one plant? I have not seen any bugs other than a few grasshoppers. Should I pull the dying plant up to keep it from killing the other plants? I pulled the leaves away from the others as much as possible. Thanks!!

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH