Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ericinboston

Help - discolored and curling leaves (photo)

eric02138
15 years ago

I am growing indeterminates in Earthboxes which were set out 2 weeks ago. About a week ago I the lower leaves starting getting this brown discoloration that affects both sides of the leaves and progressively gets darker. The leaves that have had it the longest are now starting to curl (see photos). I think it's spreading from the older leaves to the younger ones up top and also to the plants in the next Earthbox. Fearing a fungal disease, I did start spraying with Daconil a week ago, and I can't yet tell if this has halted the spread.

I should also note that we had 2 or 3 days of suddenly cool and wet weather, with highs only in the upper 50s, but before and after that it's been warm and sunny.

I have looked at all the usual online photos of foliage problems and this one has me both stumped and worried, given how young the seedlings are. I can't tell if it's a disease or a physiologic problem and I am desperately hoping the wise people here can identify the problem. Thank you all.

p.s. additional photo is linked below - this is a leaf in an earlier stage of the problem.

Image link:

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (4)