Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Septoria Leaf Spot questions

Posted by Rhaine86 z5 N.ID (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 12, 05 at 12:39

After searching on this website and others I have come to the conclusion that my largest tomato plant probably has Septoria Leaf Spot.

The plants were all doing fine until I planted them outside (Memorial Day weekend) and every since our weather has been chilly and damp. Favorable conditions for the fungus I have read.

I have 4 plants total and the other three are quite a bit smaller but are starting to show yellowing and grayish spots on the lowest leaves.

Is it even worth it to spray them at this point?? The only one that has blooms is the biggest one- but I am concerned it's production will be questionable given it's poor condition. I am thinking maybe I should just dig them up- and start over with some from the store.

If I do decide to start fresh- how far away from the original tomato site do I need to plant the new ones??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Septoria Leaf Spot questions

If I do decide to start fresh- how far away from the original tomato site do I need to plant the new ones??

Rhaine,

I don't think it's too late to spray and if it's Septoria I'd use Daconil.

Since all new foliage infections are via airborne means planting any distance from your current infected plants isn't an issue.

Carolyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here