Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
surfpnsbch

Gimme3Steps-info

surfpnsbch
18 years ago

HI,

I've been following your information on serenade and spinosid and your admonition to look up "translocation". I've found the botanical definition of the word but have found nothing else relating to the movement of nutrients or suppressents in plants that would relate to either of the products above. Maybe I'm not looking in the correct places or just don't know the language to use.

Can you enlighten me? Where can I find more information? Can you give me a web address? Anything would help.

By the way, they both appear to be wonderful products and I intend to go soon to try to find them. Walmart supposedly has serenade.

Thanks so much for your help.

Sara

Comments (5)

• cportu
    18 years ago

Hi Sara,

I found Serenade at walmart. 9 bucks for 32oz bottle of concentrate. should make 20 gallons.

good luck,

Carlos-

• gailnewgarden
    18 years ago

Sara - I too am following Gimme's thread on Spinosad and Serenade with interest. I also tried to find info on "translocation" in particular of these products but came up with zero. I did see a lot of tedious information and charts and tables about the effects of feeding the stuff to goats, chickens, other animals, etc., though. If the translocation info was buried in one of those studies I probably breezed over it. So Gimme - how about it? Inquiring minds need to know.
    Thanks,
    Gail

• Gimme3Steps
    18 years ago

OK, i told ya, in advance, it wasnt gon be easy to Find...))) I told ya, it is an Un-talked about aspect...)))The reason why, is that Man still dont know, the lifespan of the degraded, breakdown component, when Spinosyn's A and D, degrade.Nor the impact, fully, long-term, of that residual.When ya Dont Know, you try an err, on the Safe Side.

Gimme a couple,3 days,even a week, if thats how long it takes... an i'll try an post ya some links. I already killed 45 minutes, before postin this answer, lookin for the sources i read, but you gotta remember, my hard drive crashed last early Summer, an right now, i'm tryin to buy time to Set my Cam back up, again. Jus Hold on...))) i'll find the info i been tellin you about, an remember, if it was Easy, Anybody could do it...))) I read this stuff 3 years ago, then again, 2 years ago.Jus gotta Find it...)))And my experience usin it indicates it's ability to do so. One day, i'll tell ya, maybe, my true purpose for Spinosad, an how i came to learn it's Other Attributes...)))BTW, Happy Independence Holiday...))) Trust me...Spinosad Does, trans-locate, w/repeated application. Hang Tight, for evidentuary testimony via link...)))

• surfpnsbch
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for the post. I'll be waiting to find out all about "translocation" when you have time to find it again. I bought some serenade at Walmart yesterday and sprayed my tomatoes and some of the roses. Still have some to do. It just got to hot out there.
    Sure hope it works.
    Thanks again.
    Sara

• Sheila_GeorgiaPeach
    18 years ago

I don't know if this link will give you any of the information that you want, but they usually give a lot of good information about their products on this site. I have used Serenade for the last two years, and it is cheaper at Wal-Mart than on the Internet.
    Sheila

Here is a link that might be useful: Serenade