Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellowing leaves, brown patches and black spots on my tomato?

Posted by andrew700andrew none (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 3, 13 at 14:12

Hi everyone! I've never grown tomatoes from seed before until this year. I noticed that as my tomatoes matured indoors (i think i left them too long) they began to turn light green. now they have been put outside (about 2 weeks now) and the plants are getting worse. the pictures bellow will explain the problem better than i can. Only one tomato plant (out of 6) seems to be relativity free from these problems. Please can you help me identify the problem and do something about it?

Also, i have given another 6 of my plants away to a friend when they were still small. At first they had similar (but not as severe) symptoms, but those plants are now all healthy. (they did plant their tomatoes out earlier than me though- other than that they treated them the same way). Mine are not getting better, even the new leaves are starting to yellow. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellowing leaves, brown patches and black spots on my tomato?

another one

This post was edited by andrew700andrew on Mon, Jun 3, 13 at 14:19

o

another photo

o

even the young leaves are beginning to go bumpy where they are yellow.

o

What is your potting mix?
Have you fertilized?

o

Hi! I'm so sorry, Jean001a, I haven't replied sooner but i have been away (got the neighbor to look after the garden :). Thank you for you response. I had used miracle grow organic all purpose plant food NPK: 7-6-7 when i transplanted the plants to their grow bags. (i don't know what it is made up of though). Luckily it seems as though they have recovered. the leaves are mostly green. However, i think that the fertilizer had too much nitrogen as the plants are now 1m tall and are only just starting to set their first trusses of flowers.

o

The lanky plants are a function of too little light.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here