Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another one of those 'what's wrong with my tomato?!?!?'

Posted by morbidan 7a (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 9, 11 at 15:47

Okay, I've searched through 10 pages of this forum and honestly every picture of symptoms looks exactly the same to me. Early blight, late blight, over watering, bacteria, fungus, I can't tell, yet somehow you experts are able to see the differences. So just like every other person on here, my tomato leaves are curling up, turning yellow and then brown. Also my blossoms are turning brown and dying before they even open. I haven't ruled out tarnished plant bugs but I honestly haven't seen any bugs around the blossoms either. I'm assuming it's called blossom drop but they're not really falling off, just dying before opening.
A little about my plants:
- planted in large 5 gallon pots
- Maybe slightly over-watered at first but this has been corrected
- Fertilized for the first time with organic tomato fertilizer last week.
- Symptoms were first spotted about 3 weeks ago.

Lots of pictures are attached at the link below. Thanks for your help!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Thanks for looking!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another one of those 'what's wrong with my tomato?!?!?'

Blossom loss is often from temperature -- too high or too low. What's been the temp at your place?

Container-grown plants need regular doses of fertilizer. Not leaf disease.

o
RE: Another one of those 'what's wrong with my tomato?!?!?'

The temps have been in the 90's so I'm not surprised that I'm having blossom drop. But considering the other symptoms I'm seeing I thought maybe it was part of another issue.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here