Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jessie8697

BER? Or some other disease? Help!!

jessie8697
16 years ago

Hello everyone! I am new to this site and new to gardening so please bear with me!

The past few weeks, I have been noticing that the bottoms of many of my tomatoes are rotting. My plants are already about 4-5 feet tall and seem pretty healthy. We have been going through a dry spell recently, so I have been trying to water as evenly as possible.

I was wondering if this could be bottom/blossom end rot? All four of my plants seem to have it, however one seems to be eaten up with it... it even appears to be spreading from one tomato to the next. I have read that BER could be due to lack of calcium, but my other plants such as squash and peppers are doing great with no signs of BER.

I have also been noticing on my one plant that is eaten up with BER, that the leaves are getting spots on them, then slowly curling upward and eventually turning yellow, but never seem to actually die.

They are planted in a raised bed, with Miracle Grow Potting Soil for Veggie Gardens and Pete Moss composing the soil. So nutrients and drainage shouldn't be a problem.

I have attached some pictures.. any help you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and take care all!

Image link:

Comments (4)