Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seanomac76

Insects covering my tomato plants!

seanomac76
14 years ago

I've never grown tomatoes before, but thought I'd try to grow a few varieties in containers this year (Sun Gold, Early Girl, and Better Boy- I think). Everything was going fine, but I noticed some small black bugs with large clear wings covering the leaves a couple of weeks ago. Now I seem to have every insect there is. I assume the black bugs laid eggs because there are several clusters of small black dots on the underside of the leaves. I also have small green bugs I assume are aphids and bight white bugs (whitefly?).

I am trying to avoid chemical insecticides, so I made a spray using water and a small amount of dish soap. I also added a small amount of sesame oil since one of the organic sprays listed that as an active ingredient. I sprayed yesterday but seem to have more bugs than ever.

In addition to this, 2 of my plants have drooping leaves that are starting to curl. Would this be from lack of water, too much water, not enough sun? I can share some pictures when I can figure out how to reduce the image size. Please help!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH