Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Identifying Tomato Plant Disease

Posted by Janet321 Ohio (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 21, 12 at 19:52

I am new to growing tomatoes and have noticed some of the leaves turning on my plants. It seems that my Lemon Boy and Mortgage Lifter varieties have the main problem and it seems to be starting mainly at the bottom of the plant. I have posted a picture and would appreciate any help identifying the disease/problem. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Identifying Tomato Plant Disease

One possible cause could be insecticide or fertilizer burn. What are you using?

o

I have exactly the same thing on my tomato plants but I also have wilt on the upper stems. I hope that someone can help to identify the cause. Saw that thrips is a possibility but don't know if that is a fact. Do you have any wilt yet?

o

Around here, flea beetles do that sort of damage to lower leaves. then are gone.

Is the damage continuing on the upper growth? If not, stop the worry.

o

Hi

I have planted 6 tomato plants this year in a green house in new soil & using cow manure that has been lying fir 4 or 5 years.

Their sister plants are in different soil in a green house and going fine. However mine have dry looking curled up leafs & very slow at bearing fruit. Any ideas on this ??

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here