Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amis_gw

whats wrong with my tomatoe plant?

amis
17 years ago

Today, I noticed several small tan blotches on the leaves along one side of my tomato plant. At first I thought they were just dust but no such luck. They're tannish/yellowish green, small and grouped towards the middle of the leaf. My plant is a Sweet 100 and it's planted in a 21 quart (5.25 gallon) plastic pot that was reccomended to me by the nursery I bought it from. The soil is MiracleGrow OrganicChoice Potting Soil for Containers. I have gotten the pot up on some blocks whereas before today it had been sitting on the ground. The nursery also reccomended that I include an egg and a bananna peel in the mix, as well a small basil for a companion. It was transplanted about a week ago and has been doing great. It gets partial shade through most of the morning and then the rest of the day gets direct sunlight. I have been watering every morning since it seems to dry out fast. Any idea what this is? Does it mean that I have over/under watered it? Or is there too much of something in the soil? Also, we live in student houseing and yesterday they sprayed the foundations for carpenter ants. Although I moved everything about 10 feet away from the sprayed area, I was wondering if the wind hit the pesticide just right and blew it over my plant, could it have been affected? I have no idea what was in the spray and none of the care takers that I've been able to ask know either. Unfortunately, I can not post a pic. My wonderful children have broken our digital camera. :( Possible leaf mold? Oh, and there is no other wilting, etc. Aside from the splotches, this is a healthy looking plant. This is the first tomato I've ever tried to grow so any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment (1)