Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nctom

Comprehensive website for problemed tomatoes

nctom
18 years ago

Hello everyone,

This is site I hope you take the the time to look at. It is the most comprehensive site that I've ever saw for problem tomatoes.

The biggest thing I need to overcome is being able to ID the disease or whatever when the picture doesn't look exactly like what I have. I suppose I need a better understanding of some of the verbage.

Anyway.

I'm sure it will help alot of us.

Here is a link that might be useful: Comprehensive website for problemed tomatoes

Comments (7)

• chad_la
    18 years ago

Great site, thanks.

• farkee
    18 years ago

nctom, I have been meaning to add that great site to Earl's thread and forgot to do so. You might want to add it yourself --it is call Help-Problem Solver 2.

I frequently use the following images on that site to link to people's posts.
    http://ftsg.ifas.ufl.edu/app1.HTM

• nctom
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hey Farkee, Ok its now on the problem solver 2 thread.

Have a great day.

• fairy_toadmother
    18 years ago

thanks! i may have found out my problem!!

• Blueclaws
    18 years ago

I need to determine the cause of tomato leaves turning yellow beginning from the bottom of the plant and progessing to the center.

• otomatoo
    18 years ago

After hours of going over this web site and reading and re-reading all the info here, I believe the container tomatoes i have have the disease blossom end rot. According to one web site, it is from dry weather and too much nitrogen.. Exactly what i had in mind-too many coffee grinds in too small a space and too much fertilizer..

How do i self-correct the soil in these containers? What is it that i can add to the containers to help remedy the problem? Why aren't the cherry tomatoes in the containers also affected, only the beefsteaks?

thanks so much..

ruth

• carolyn137
    18 years ago

How do i self-correct the soil in these containers? What is it that i can add to the containers to help remedy the problem? Why aren't the cherry tomatoes in the containers also affected, only the beefsteaks?

Ruth,

I'm glad to see you posted your own thread b'c posting about a problem in an unrelated thread just isn't the best.

I'll try to get to your thread later today.

Carolyn