Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Late Blight?? Oh I hope not...

Posted by genesis1 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 16, 10 at 22:50

I lost all 25 tomato plants last year to late blight (first year with a garden too, quite a hit). This year I planted fewer plants, spaced them out properly (about 2-3 feet), and did not overfertilize like last year (way too much chicken doo-doo last year). I have also been applying a 70% Neem oil solution every 7 days.

I have aphids and have been spraying them off everyday. I just noticed today, the bottom leaves of several plants (an heirloom Mountain Fresh, Carolina Gold) are turning yellow around the edges. Some of the yellow lesions are now brown rimmed with yellow.
spots pops

Image link: Late Blight?? Oh I hope not... (46 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Late Blight?? Oh I hope not...

OK it's not Late Blight. Apparentely, some yellowing of the lower leaves is normal. There has been no progression of the problem over the past few days. Late blight would've taken out the whole row by now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here