Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Foliage color pale

Posted by Henju (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 6, 14 at 6:11

I have 4 tomato plants in 3 different containers they are Brandywine Black and Black Karim. I started it from seeds

Black Karim and Brandywine July6, 2014 photo IMG_52721280x960_zps6236c434.jpg

Brandywine Black in two different containers. One of them is about 5 gl and the other one is about 3 gl. The plant in the 3 gl foliage color is a bit pale. Before it had lower leaves curled up. My suspicion was aphids.

Different color foliage

Brandywine Black July 6, 2014 photo IMG_52731280x9602_zps9b9881a0.jpg

The two plants Black Karim are in Earthtainer. i followed the manual of building Eartainer from Ray Newstead. I could not find good quality different color containers so I used white. I think the plants are very closed to each other now they have a lot of leaves and branches. The cage is not good enough to manage it.

June 5, 2014

Black Karim June 5, 2014 photo IMG_48091280x960_zps9a8a055b.jpg

I like Earthtainer,thanks Ray, it is very good for my plants, they have grown very healthy. Next season I will make a better cage probably PVC pipe cage. I will give more space between plants too.

These two leaves are curled up, may be caused by aphids.

Black Karim July 6, 2014 photo IMG_52741280x960_zps478e713e.jpg

Some tomatoes

Brandywine in 5 gl

photo IMG_52661280x960_zps21b85d19.jpg

Brandywine in 3 gl (pale foliage)

Brandywine Black July 6, 2014 photo IMG_52681280x960_zps0c621cef.jpg

Black Karim

Black Karim July 5 , 2014 photo IMG_52701280x960_zps5777c88a.jpg

Still these plants have aphids, so should I use homemade neem oil spray? I was advised that tomato plants are very sensitive to chemical insecticide/pesticide. Is it possible neem oil spray could prevent beneficial insects such as bees?

For the pale foliage what should I do? I do not think it is a problem right now but it could be a sign of some problems. Problems could be known in the future.

Thanks

This post was edited by Henju on Sun, Jul 6, 14 at 8:31

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Foliage color pale

What's with all the missing images? From those I saw yesterday, it seemed that the containers might have been too crowded with 2 plants each.

Have you figured out the answer?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here