Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tomato Plants Dying

Posted by cunliffe none (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 10, 13 at 9:30

I'm a new Tomato plant grower and I'm not sure what to make of this. The leaves looked fine 3 days ago and now both of my cherry tomato plants are dying.

Any ideas what this is being caused by and what steps I can take to help my plants?

Any advice gratefully appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomato Plants Dying

Not seen that sort of blackening previously.

But please post a better focused image so we can see the detail clearly.

o

Let's see if this one is a little clearer

o

Sorry, I'm still puzzled.

How many leaves on the plant are affected?
If only that one, remove & discard.

If many more, please post image of entire plant.

o

I posted some pictures of leaves on one of my plants on another forum and Tomato Spotted Wilt Virus was mentioned. None of my leaves look as bad as the one in focus in your picture, but some of the leaves in the background of your picture look like mine. I also posted pictures on the Container Gardening forum and Growing Tomatoes forum on Gardenweb. Here's a link if you want to compare pictures.

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/contain/msg072041346369.html?1

I found some thrips in my plant's blossoms and it's starting to resemble TSWV more and more each time I go out and inspect the plant. Maybe something to look into?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here