Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lawn_guy

fungus and grass clippings

Lawn_Guy
18 years ago

Just curious, I'm wondering if there could be a relation to the fungus type ( no, I'm not 100% sure its a fungus prob ) problems I seem to be getting on my plants the last few years and the grass clippings I use for mulch. While I do spread them in light layers, right after I cut, I noticed something interesting today. With the incredible humitidy, I went to the garden this am and the clippings that I had put down on Sunday in just a few spots, all had a whitesh fungus around them. I've never seen this before but I'm thinking that it probably occurs, just not as noticable and sever ( the humidity is incredible today ). And when I thought about it, I also realized that in the past, the problem usually went away as the summer wore on. And I also stop mulching around this time. It's just a shot in the dark but I'm thinking perhaps I spread them too thick and that the resulting breakdown process has created fungi that are harmful to the plants. Sorry in advance if this is completely incorrect. I'm just trying to cover all of my bases

Comments (2)