Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
phosphorus deficiency

Posted by greenbrian wisconsin (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 08 at 9:51

hello people,
i have a hydrobox, deepwater cultivating with drip emitters,airstones. i started my tomatos and they were fine
in the little grodan cubes, then the bigger ones, always giving them a week organic nutient, then put in tub and started giving them a little stronger nutient solution, with my organics the grow formula is 6-4-3, the bloom formula is 2-6-6. it says on the label mix both of them together for hydroponics(ppm 1200) my solution possibly alittle weaker. for 3gallons ppm 655, ph 6. 80degrees, 55% humidity. anyways my plants are two inches tall, the leaves are turning dark purple on bottom one of them actually wilted over, some are growing new leaves but bottom one are still dark purple, i know i have a phosphorus deficency, what should i do, should i up the ppm, i have another organic nutrient thats just phosphorus 0-2-0, can i mix two different company nutrients?
what should i do, i'm getting nervous....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: phosphorus deficiency

I don't have the answers you need.

But you're likely to receive a helpful reply at the Hydroponics Forum
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/hydro/

Here is a link that might be useful: Hydroponics Forum

o
RE: phosphorus deficiency

for starters , bring your ph down to around 5.8 -6.0, and maintain that for 3 days very strictley, they will tell u if there is enough phos for them to do what they need to do. Also try to bring your ppm down to around 750 ppm at (5.8-6.0 ph ) without shocking them , and then dont raise it untill first flowers then raise it to around 1000 ppm , when they start to set raise it agin to 1250 and maintain very strickly untill u cull them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here