Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
leaf disorder

Posted by augiedog55 none (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 26, 11 at 12:24

I've been having problems with my tomatoes. First i thought it might be a magnesium deficiency.. I went out today and took some pictures. maybe you guys can help.me. I also noticed the same thing was on a vine growing up my tomato cages. I have pictures of it too. its the first picture posted. this started on the lower leaves and is moving up to the new leaves on top.. I've been using ebsome salts so i don't think its mag. def. it happened last yr too. the plants looked great till a week and a half ago
Here are the pictures hope you can help me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: leaf disorder

i think i figured out what it was with some help on the tomato forum. its thrips. i got some malithion today and sprayed them. i hope it helps. i'll keep you posted on the progress.
bruce

o

I doubt it. Think it's mites.

o

ok. i appreciate that .I hope spraying them will take care of whatever it is

o

Direct hits (to the undersides of the leaves, please) of insecticidal soap, diluted according to label directions

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here