Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
small worms in tomatoe

Posted by jlester754 z9 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 27, 05 at 12:25

My tomatoes have been infected with something leaves are eaten and fruit has small entry holes and fills up with larvae or worms very small white ones please help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: small worms in tomatoe

• Posted by suze9 z8a TX (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 29, 05 at 14:21

I see you've just joined up -- there's a tomato problem solver post that can generally be found on the first page of this forum.

Specifically, I'd recommend you go to the link "how to manage pests". That may help you to pinpoint your problem a little better.

o

Here is a recipe for a tomato plant cocktail. This is for feeding, disease prevention and bug control. 1 gal water, 1/4 C baking powder, 1/4 C ammonia, 1/2 C epson salts and 1 can of regular (not light) beer. Douse plants six weeks after planting then 3 weeks later and 3 weeks after that. No more worms.

o

• Posted by suze9 z8a TX (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 13, 05 at 16:20

Red, what ingredient in the 'cocktail' you posted would have any effect whatsoever on tomato worms?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here