Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tomato Leaf Curling

Posted by kesflower 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 12, 08 at 12:31

I posted this message in the generic tomato forum before I realized that THIS is probably where my question will get answered. Thanks

Ok, so I like it when my hair curls. I'm a little concerned when its my tomato plants. The bottom leaves are fine, the color is still a healthy green, but all of my new leaves are curling under. Is this something I should be concerned about? We don't use herbicides or pesticides. The plants were started indoors in March and have been in the ground since the end of May, so about 7 weeks now. I've got tomatoes ripening on all of these vines and the blossoms are still coming, even on these curled sections, it just really looks unsightly. Any diagnoses would be greatly appreciated.

Image link: Tomato Leaf Curling (0 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomato Leaf Curling

Tomato leaves curling is an indication that your plants are under some stress. Too much water, too little water, too hot, too much wind. They should be fine as long as the above conditions get back to normal. It only takes one windy dry day to get the leaf curl. They dont uncurl.

o
RE: Tomato Leaf Curling

Thanks. You're right, as of 3 days later, the new leaves coming out are fine, apparently it was just the growth from last week. Its my first summer really growing a lot of tomatoes, so I guess I'm just jittery and nervous that they do well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here