Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help identifying - is it evil blight?

Posted by newly_obsessed San Diego Z10 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 31, 10 at 12:50

Hello Experts!
I've spent hours poring the forums, web and and consulted the owner of my wonderful nursery and can't figure out what this is (I showed him the leaves from 1st pics last week, since has gotten worse).

The plant's bio :)
-It's a BW, one of 12 plants in earthtainers/SWCs (per Raybo's plan)- about 2 months old, and is at the end of the row. So far, the plant next to it is ok, as well as the rest (for the most part).
-I'm in SD where it's been unusually overcast and cooler than normal July - although we did have a big heat spell a couple of weeks ago. I don't THINK the roots are cooking but still have to find a solution to shade the containers, have a board propped up against them to provide a little shade - although this plant is protected less.
-They're on a timer, filling containers 2x day - went to twice/day when it got hot and haven't backed it up to once because they are so big - this one is 6' from soil line
-I've sprayed with Serenade 3 weeks in a row and last week used BT for the first time to nip the little green worms in the bud (pardon my pun :)
-I have a tad of BER on a couple of the other plants so used "the snack" T of gypsum in water added to watering tube at night - 2nd time last night.
-Nothing (so far) has turned crunchy brown as I see with blight. Leaves at the bottom turned with bright yellow spots then kinda wilted with some wilting toward the middle - I'm hoping the wilt is another issue???

Ideas and suggestions for remedy?

THANK you in advance for your help!!!

newer leaf

wilt

leaf joint

center of plant

bw 3

bw 1 start

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help identifying - is it evil blight?

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 11, 10 at 22:00

Hi,
Did you get it IDed? Your photos are gone.
Remy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here