Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tomatillo wilt

Posted by jday 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 17, 07 at 13:07

A tomatillo plant in my garden is wilting, and I have two questions:

1. Is there any way to bring it back from the brink? It had been doing well and even was bearing several tiny fruit, but now the wilting seems to be spreading rapidly. The leaves are not yellow (if anything, they're a darker shade of green).

2. Is it better to go ahead and remove the plant (if it's unlikely to be saved)? I know wilting can sometimes be caused by viral elements, and the rest of the garden is full of tomato plants. Can I prevent spread? (All other plants in the garden--knock on wood--seem to be healthy and show no signs of wilting.)

Any advice is much appreciated! Thank you!

J

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomatillo wilt

• Posted by
    frankiethedrill
    (ftass@aol.com) on
    Sat, Jul 28, 07 at 18:13

Yes I also have a wilting problem with my tomatillo plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here