Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thuringiensis

Lower tomato branches suddenly wilting

Thuringiensis
9 years ago

Hello,

I probably overplanted my tomatoes in a raised bed -- they went gangbusters and burst way beyond their cages.

I am seeing several possible disease symptoms that give me concern and would love help identifying.

Largest issue: Branches are wilting off green somewhat rapidly going upwards. At first I thought this was the plant possible de-prioritizing lower branches that had less sun in the heat, but it may be disease now. Possibly related: I see small amounts of black mottling along the stems throughout all plants. On the most affected plant, I see a lot of white hair at the bottom of the plant, but I can't tell if it's tomato hairs or fungus -- it looks like tomato hairs, but perhaps it's a stress reaction to insects?

Other issues:
- I have some powdery mildew on low air circulation leaves. I assume this is no problem.
- I also have some early blight on some low sun leaves. I assume this is also not a big deal -- thought I doused the plant in activonate just to be sure.
- I noticed that there's a film of very thin white mold along the soil.

The two plants most affected thus far are a Sun Gold tomat (Only disease resistance: F), and an Eva's Purple Ball (claims to be highly disease resistant, but has no disease codes listed ;p)

Any ideas? I'

Comments (3)